* The purpose of this questionnaire is to provide you with a little "mind jogger" to help you in making notes on your own life.
* To guide you in recording your life experiences or those of another member of your family.
* The information you record will ...
o Become an important link between you and your descendants.
o It will serve as a means of conveying a picture of what your life has been like.
o It will explaining what has been important to you.
* Answer as little or as much as you would like to, using these suggested questions as a guide.
* Feel free to express yourself and to add stories as you go…
* You could use a tape recorder, a video recorder, or pen & paper.
* Have FUN, sharing your stories.
* Listing your personal information,
+ full name, birth, and those of your parents, siblings, spouse, etc.
* Also mention about where you grew up.
* Tell about any historical events that influenced your life.
* List grandparents, aunts & uncles
o Where were they were born?
o Where did they live?
o What they did for a living.
o Give a description of your memories of them.
o Were they foreign born?
o Explain their nationality, cultural traditions and their perhaps their trip to America.
* Discuss your home life as a youth,
o What was your home's physical layout/setting;
+ did it include a yard or acreage, was it rural or urban?
+ Explain the home routine of family members.
+ Explain electric, plumbing, mail/phones,
type of heating/ cooking or refrigeration arrangements,
+ What type of food storage was used (cellar, canning, freezing)
+ How were foods prepared.
+ List favorite meals or ethnic dishes enjoyed.
+ Were crops raised? if so what?
+ What about garden harvests.
# How did they preserved their food?
# Were animals kept for work or for food
* Discuss your friends, relatives, pets,
o How did you spent evenings, entertainment,
o What church did you attended,
o Mention your education, teachers, class rooms and classmates.
+ Discuss early school days and further education.
* Comment about your Parent's jobs,
o What did they do, the hours they worked
o Do you know their income.
o What stores did they patronized and discuss their shopping habits (daily, weekly, or monthly)
* What were your holidays ?
o how were they celebrated?
o Explain any Family gatherings, birthdays, reunions or neighborhood get togethers.
o Games you played as a youngster.
o What did you enjoyed for fun or relaxation,
o Were you a member of what organizations
+ What did the group accomplished.
* Discuss your Medical history
o How was illness handled when you were young.